June 10th, 2012
So I randomly rode almost a century today.
This is going to be a short post because i’m zonked and am going to sleep.
Some things that I noticed.
- The chamois cream was a godsend.
- I rode with my stock seat and was surprisingly comfortable
- My big toes feel like they are swollen, and felt like that for a large part of the ride.
- I’ve got a cramp in my right kidney….or it’s another stone making its way down
- I have what feels like a saddle sore on my right bottom cheek
- I met another cool rider along the path, Sam, and we’re now cycling buds
- When I got back home, my legs felt ok, and aerobically I felt ok, but was hugely fatigued
- I broguth 4 GUs, 2 Nuuns, and 2 nutrigrain bars. That was nowhere near enough food.
- I ate two banannas, some yogurt, and a bowl of chana masala after the ride
- I went through 2 camelbacks, and 2 24 oz bottles of water along the ride. I think this is way too low; I probably should have been drinking more and replacing electrolytes along the way
- I got a tickle in my throat again which left me having trouble taking deep breaths. Now the kidney pain is causing me to have trouble taking really deep breaths
- The right knee pain came back, but when I stopped and did an in the field IT band stretch, it felt much better (cross legs and lean to one side)
- Lower back pain was a big issue
- Pressure in groin was a big pain issue